Producers sell
– produce from their garden or farm
– excess produce from their CSA share
– food they’ve made in a kitchen or at the market
– non-food items they’ve made such such as soaps, clothing, and crafts
– products, food and non-food, they’ve bought in bulk

Producers sell from tents set up at the market.

Tents that sell food should document their products according to the guidelines in the Kashrus section.

Tents that sell food that was produced under the Montgomery Count cottage industry rules should label the food as the regulations stipulate. Questions regarding that should be directed to Kenny Welch.

Furthermore, each tent selling food should get a farmers market license and a vendor license.

FLIP Insurance
All tents selling food should buy FLIP farmers market insurance. Tents are also encouraged to form an LLC to limit their exposure to lawsuits.

Event insurance
All tents should pay something towards a common fund that goes to purchase event insurance.

Online presence
Each tent should have a website or at least a webpage that is regularly updated.