What does the market sell?
The market sells flatbreads such as pizza, and some products from local farms and gardens.
Where is the market?
The market is at 11200 Bybee Street, Silver Spring MD. The market is a boutique farmers market, open by appointment as opposed to other local markets such as the Takoma Park Farmers Market, the Crossroads Farmers Market, and the Fresh Farm Market in downtown Silver Spring.
What is a slow product?
A slow food, clothing, etc. product can be one that is produced locally by people who are fairly treated and compensated, and in a way that is environmentally sustainable. A slow product is a quality product: clothes meant to last, food that is nutritionally dense. Not least, the seller of a slow product should be able to address questions about their product such as what it’s made from, where did it come from, how was it made, who made it, when was it made, why was it made, how did it get transported to the market, etc.
Is the food Kosher?
Food at the market is made under self-supe guidelines.
Can I order online?
Does the market deliver?
The market does not deliver. However there are independent delivery companies we hope to partner with. These delivery services are independent of farmersmarket.pizza LLC.
Here’s how it may work.
(1) Say that I go online and order and pay for a pizza from Pizzaction.
(2) Then I contact the delivery service and contract with them to pick up the pizza and delivery it to me. I may pay them at that time, or when they do the delivery.
(3) The delivery service then delivers my order
The delivery service may use an app such as
Road Warrior for delivery route optimization. The delivery service may incorporate courier companies like Lyft and Uber.
Another idea is to attach a trailer to an electric bike for deliveries nearby the market.
What types of payment are accepted?
All the following are accepted:
– credit card
– debit card
You can send money via PayPal and via Zelle using the Softwine Market email address or phone number.
Coming soon: cryptocurrency payments
Why did you start a farmers market if you wanted to sell pizza?
Food sold in Montgomery County MD can be made at
(1) a commercially licensed facility, like a pizza shop or food truck; but that requires a bigger investment than I wanted to make; or
(2) a residence; but Kenneth Welch, whose job is to answer questions as to what falls under the cottage industry regulations, told me that pizza is excluded; or
(3) a farmers market. Since Kemp Mill doesn’t have a farmers market, I had to start one to have a place to make and sell pizza.